Posted August 7, 2011 in Certification
PSACO has also proposed to the Civil Rules Committee, changing C.R.C.P. Rule 4 to require Process Servers be registered and certified, in addition to being over the age of 18 and a United States citizen.
Our position in regards to:
- Designing and Administering the Certification (Education) Program
- Provide curriculum to those whom want to Certify Process Servers
- Update curriculum
- Monitor those teaching Certification courses
- Issue Certificates of Certification
- List Process Servers on the Registry as Certified
Currently, there is not an approved Certification course in Colorado. Those choosing to educate their process servers, teach what they want, while others teach nothing. We are aware of courses in Colorado teaching tactics which could land servers in front of a judge or possibly injured. In protecting our industry and our image, we believe those whom choose to serve process in Colorado, should have a good working knowledge of the rules of service and be capable of passing a test.
Your comments and suggestions