Posted February 5, 2012 in Legislative
On January 27, 2012, the PSACO Legislative Committee met with the Colorado Supreme Court Civil Rules Committee. PSACO made a presentation outlining requested changes to C.R.C.P. Rule 4. A summary of the presentation is as follows:
- Personal Service at the usual place of abode
- Personal Service at the workplace
- Service upon a Corporation or other Entity
- Issues with service to Registered Agents
- Issues with Service at entities place of business
- Registration of Process Servers
- Certification – Education of Process Servers
Click the link below to view the proposal forwarded to the Civil Rules Committee Colorado Supreme Court Rules Committee Proposal
The presentation was well received and was followed by a lengthy question and answer session regarding the proposal. The Rules Committee made up of of Judges whom currently sit on the Colorado Supreme Court and Appellate, District and Municipal Judges, Attorneys and Law Professors agree the Rules should be updated. A subcommittee was created to work on the wording for changes to C.R.C.P. Rule(s) 4(e) and 4(4). PSACO President Steve Glenn, was selected to sit on the sub-committee to work on the wording for the rule changes.
Thank you to PSACO Legislative Committee members, Ron Jamison (Member), Cindy Johnson (Vice President), Emanual Najee-Ullah (Director). Also thanks to Debee Glenn and Lisa Gibson for their editing and suggestions to the committee. A total team effort.